- Have had an organ transplant
- Have certain types of cancer or having certain types of cancer treatment
- Have certain genetic diseases
- With serious respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis and severe chronic bronchitis.
- Have a condition or are taking medicine makes them much more likely to get infections
- Pregnant women with a serious heart condition.
Support Available for People at Higher Risk
If that is not possible, call the helpline: 0800 028 8327
Priority will be given to those in the high-risk group who are unable to rely on family or friends for adequate practical support throughout the shielding period, which will be at least 12 weeks from the date of the letter.
As part of the goverment support network, packages of food and essentials will be supplied and delivered.
For all enquiries regarding Cambridgeshire food packages, including dietary requirements, please contact 0345 045 5200