If you live in Cambridgeshire, and are eligible, Cambridgeshire Local Assistance Scheme (CLAS) can provide information, advice and practical support and assistance in times of exceptional pressure.
Following an assessment, you may be eligible for a CLAS award. The awards can be in the form of supermarket vouchers, new cookers, or recycled white goods.
To apply to the scheme you must have lived in Cambridgeshire for at least six months, unless you have fled to the area for your own safety. You must be facing hardship or under exceptional financial pressure. You must have no savings and receive one of the following means tested benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
If you are working, your total household must be below the HMRC low income threshold (£16,380 for 2020/21). Make sure you have your documents available when you call.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to the scheme you will need to contact one of our Tenancy Support Officers on:
- 01353 665555 (Mon - Thu 9.00 am to 5.00pm, Fri 9.00 am to 4.30pm)
- or alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on urgency and appointment availability, you will either be assessed at the time or given an appointment for a call back.
NB: You will be required to:
- Complete an initial assessment
- Provide proof of income/benefits to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria
This information must be supplied before an award is granted.
Proof can be submitted via email by sending a scanned document or photo - the adviser will provide you with these details at the time of the initial assessment.