Mud on Roads

Mud on A roads need to be reported to the Police. Please visit Cambridgeshire Constabulary to submit an online report.  

Any instances where mud has been taken onto B roads, please contact Cambridgeshire Highways to report a fault or call 0345 0455 212.

Vehicle operators, contractors and farmers who deposit mud on the road are potentially liable for a range of offences. This guidance is not a complete statement of the law or of your responsibilities and possible liabilities.  

Concerns relating to health and safety aspects of farms and road traffic would fall under the Health and Safety Executive.