Health Certificates are issued on request, to food businesses who wish to export foodstuff outside the EU. They are provided to assist local exporters in meeting the food safety requirements.
Certificates cost £100.00 for each item.
Amendments cost £10.50.
Once you have submitted your application, a member of our Customer Services Team will contact you to take payment over the telephone. Please ensure you have provided an up-to-date telephone number. Your application cannot be processed until payment has been taken.
- Your business must either be registered or approved. We will not supply a certificate if your business is not either registered or approved.
- We shall always try and incorporate the wording indicated on your form, but we obviously cannot include wording that implies that we vouch for the safety of the individual batch/consignment of food. Our wording normally reflects the fact that your foodstuffs are produced and stored in premises subject to our jurisdiction as a food authority, and which have been subject to a satisfactory inspection programme.
- We reserve the right to decline to issue a certificate if your premises, hygiene standards and or practices fail to meet food safety standards.
- Officers may want to inspect a consignment before the certificate is issued.
- Please allow at least 7 working days for the application and consultation process. You will receive your certificate through the post unless you have specifically requested to collect it from the Council.
- For further advice contact the Commercial Team at email@example.com.