Our state-of-the-art bereavement centre has been designed to blend in naturally with the lakeside setting.
Visitors will enter a welcoming area, where they will be able to see the funeral procession arrive beneath the porte cochere.
From here, they move into the main multi-faith chapel. A secondary service chapel is accessed off the main hall for small ceremonies.
At the end of the ceremony, visitors will leave the main hall and make their way along a raised flower walkway which incorporates a viewing terrace overlooking the lake.
A small function room and memorial gardens are available for visitors who wish to stay longer.
Below is a more comprehensive list of the facilities on site:
Bereavement centre, crematorium and natural burial area
- a covered drop off and entrance lobby with a welcome/waiting area (with toilets); a vestry and bearers' room
- a 125 seat multi-faith chapel with lakeside views
- an eight-seat side chapel for smaller ceremonies (including natural burials) with views out to the landscape setting of the site
- access to state-of-the-art digital media to give families the option to use video, and livestream services via the internet to mourners unable to be present on the day
- a covered cloistered area with adjacent flower garden where guests leaving the crematorium can gather
- a function room with a waiting area, refreshment facilities and toilets
- a natural burial area
There are plans to provide a pet cemetery discretely located away from the crematorium.
The following operational facilities will be located on site:
- an electric cremator powered largely by on-site generated renewable energy
- a crematory, mortuary, ashes store/cremulator and an external equipment storage compound
- staffing and administration facilities with rooms for families and funeral directors
- 80+ parking spaces for visitors, with separate staff parking
There will be a mix of areas outside where friends and families can remember loved ones or enjoy peaceful natural surroundings.
These will include:
- a flower meadow
- elevated boardwalks and a viewing platform overlooking the lake
- accessible seating
- an area for memorial tree planting
- a remembrance wall
There will also be:
- lakeside walkways, where it will be possible to walk dogs on leads
- a hide for bird watching
- seating areas
- permit fishing
All landscaping will be designed to protect and enhance the biodiversity of the site.