Action on Energy grants for low-income households
Through our Action on Energy partnership with local councils, we provide grants to help low-income households install energy-efficiency improvements and low-carbon heating.
The grants are available for homeowners and private landlords that meet both of the following criteria:
- Homeowners or tenants on certain means-tested benefits (see ‘eligible benefits’ below) or with a total household income of less than £30,000 before tax or other deductions
- The property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating is E, F or G. Check your EPC rating – contact us if you don’t have one.
- Cavity wall insulation
- External or internal wall insulation
- Loft insulation (or top-up)
- Party wall insulation (between you and your neighbour)
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Flat room insulation
- Draught proofing
If funds allow, in addition to any insulation work, we will also consider installing measures including:
- Photovoltaic solar panels for electricity
- Renewable heating or hot-water systems such as heat pumps
The work will be done by our installer working to a new quality standard for the retrofit industry.
E-mail HomeEnergy@eastcambs.gov.uk or call our Customer Service team on 01353665555 if you would like more information or to register an interest about the Action on Energy grants.
- Child Tax Credit
- Council Tax Reduction, excluding the 25% single-occupant reduction
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit