Applying for Permission

This section contains information that may be helpful if you are submitting an application to the Local Planning Authority. Before you submit a planning application we strongly recommend that you use our Pre-application Advice Service. You will also need to ensure that you have read and understood the Validation Requirements (pdf).

For information on fees, please see the Planning Fees/How to pay section of this website.

Submitting an application

We strongly recommend that you submit your application online using the Planning Portal website. All of the information and guidance that you will need to submit your application is available there.

You can also download the application forms and return your application by post to: Planning, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, CB7 4EE

The following application types are not available to download through the Planning Portal and the forms can be downloaded below:

Deemed Consent Notification

There are now provisions for the automatic discharge of planning conditions where the Local Authority have failed to give notice of their decision within 8 weeks beginning with the day immediately following that on which the application was received by the Authority. To take advantage of the new Deemed Discharge Procedure it is necessary for an Applicant to submit a Deemed Discharge Notice to the Local Authority. Such Notice can be served 6 weeks after receipt of the Condition Discharge Application by the Local Authority. This notification can only be used for consents granted after the 15 April 2015.

Temporary (Flexible) Change of Use Notification

Application form to notify the Local Planning Authority of the intent to implement temporary 2 year change of use under Class D of Part 4 of Schedule 2 (Temporary Buildings and Uses) of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development)(England) Order 2015

Modification or Discharge of a Planning Obligation

Planning obligations can be renegotiated at any point, where the local planning authority and developer wish to do so. Where there is no agreement to voluntarily renegotiate, and the planning obligation predates April 2010 or is over 5 years old, an application may be made to the local planning authority to change the obligation where it “no longer serves a useful purpose” or "would continue to serve a useful purpose in a modified way".