Pavement Licence

To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement you may require approval from the highways authority.

The highways authority may specify operating conditions and charge a licence fee.

Although consents must not be unreasonably withheld, there are a number of issues that may be considered prior to the grant of a pavement licence:

  • frontage and walkway consent may also have to be obtained first;
  • public notice of the application may need to be given detailing the proposal and deadline for representations;
  • all representations received may be considered
  • any other relevant authorities may be consulted.

Cambridgeshire County Council is the highways authority for the East Cambridgeshire district.

Trade Associations

There are no trade associations associated with a pavement licence.


Link to EUGO websiteLink to GOV.UK website