The Council introduced a Single Equality Scheme to develop an overall view of equality and diversity. We have published two previous schemes covering the periods 2009-2011 and 2012-2015
The aims and principles underpinning our single equality scheme are to:
- Meet the responsibilities placed on us by the equalities legislation.
- Ensure that equalities issues influence decision making.
- Identify what barriers people face and take steps to remove them.
- Develop measures and actions to tackle discrimination.
- Challenge discrimination against people who work for the Council or who use our services.
- Raise staff awareness and understanding of these issues.
Please view a copy of the Council's Single Equality Scheme.