How to Register
To register please do one of the following:
- Apply online (you must supply your National Insurance number and date of birth to complete this) either yourself at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote, or contact Customer Services on 01353 665555 and they can apply online for you. *
- Download the appropriate 'Invitation To Register' form below - to be completed and returned to the Council
- Contact the Elections office on 01353 665555 to request a form, which will be sent to you to fill in and return to the Council.
Please note: Registration is on an individual basis, so you can only register yourself. Anyone else will have to apply on their own behalf.
To be eligible to be registered you must meet the following criteria:
- you are 16 or over (but you cannot vote until your 18th birthday) AND
- you are a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen (i.e. you have leave to enter or remain in the UK or don't require leave to enter or to remain in the UK) permanently living in the UK, OR
- other European citizens permanently living in the UK can register to vote at local government elections and Police and Crime Commissioner elections and the Combined Authority Mayoral election but not at UK Parliamentary elections.
Further information on Registering to Vote can be found on GOV.UK's website.
Opting Out of the Public Version of the Electoral Register
When registering you have the option of 'opting out' of the open register. This is the version of the register that is open for the public to see and can be sold to anyone.
If you are unsure whether you are on the electoral register or not, please contact Customer Services on 01353 665555 and they will be able to check for you.
East Cambridgeshire Electoral Registration Privacy Notice
The Electoral Registration Officer is the Data Controller for the personal data that you provide for the purpose of registering your right to vote. We have a duty to maintain a complete and accurate register throughout the year. We only collect the personal data we need from you, in order to do this. For more information, please view the privacy notice below:
Publication of Electoral Register
The revised versions of the complete Electoral Registers are usually published on 1st December each year. The exception is when an election is held during the Annual Canvass (when elector details are checked). In that case the Registers are published later.
See below the Notice of Republication of the 2020 Registers.