We collect black sacks every week. Black sacks are for small items which cannot be reused, recycled or composted. Please contain your waste in a black refuse sack securely.
Please make sure you place your food waste in your Food and garden waste bin.
What are my black sacks for?
- polystyrene (break it down into pieces)
- plastic film and bags
- hygiene waste (please note that hypodermic needles are collected separately - Clinical Waste)
- disposable nappies and sanitary waste
- cat litter and dog waste - a maximum of three black bags solely consisting of this type of waste, double bagged, will be collected. We encourage residents to mix this waste with normal waste to minimise any potential hygiene issues for collection staff. Excess bags can be taken to the Household Recycling Centre
- hazardous waste
- construction related materials e.g. concrete or bricks
- electrical equipment
- batteries (visit www.takecharge.org.uk for more information)
- garden waste
- pesticides or weedkillers
You can get more information about what goes in which bin by downloading our guide to recycling and waste.
Please remember the following:
- Your black sacks must be ready for collection by 7:00am on your collection day and not before 6:00pm on the evening before
- Loose rubbish will not be collected
- Your black sacks must be on the property boundary closest to the road and visible
- If your property is accessed by a private track or road, your collection point will be where this meets the public highway