Temporary Event Notices

You will need a Temporary Event Notice if you are planning to: 

  • sell or supply alcohol 
  • supply alcohol to a club member, or to guests of members of a club 
  • hold regulated entertainment 
  • provide late-night refreshment (selling hot food and drink between 11:00pm and 5:00am) 

You can read more on this website about temporary event notices (external link)

In addition to any permission obtained from the Licensing Authority, you may also require permission from other parties, these include but are not limited to: 

Application forms

Completed paper forms should be returned with the statutory fee (PDF) to: 

The Licensing Department, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE.

Before completing your application, your attention is drawn to our privacy and data retention policy (PDF)  

No refund of the TEN statutory fee can be made under any circumstance. 

Applicants are also required to supply a copy of their paper application to the Responsible Authorities in the table below, unless submitting their TEN via the online form. 

Application type

Responsible Authority to be consulted

Temporary Event Notice

Police and Environmental Services

Late Temporary Event Notice

Police and Environmental Services

The Responsible Authority addresses can be found here:

Guidance notes

What happens next?

The Licensing Authority must acknowledge a temporary event notice by the end of the first working day after it is given. If you submit a valid temporary event notice you may consider that your event is authorised until such time as you receive an objection notice, which must be provided by the end of the second day following the day on which the consultee is notified. If no objection notice is received the event may go ahead without any further permission being required from licensing. If you have not received a response to your notice within 48 hours please contact us. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service (external link) or use the contact details below.

Other redress

Rights of appeal exist for many of the applications and processes covered by the Licensing Act 2003. More information on this area is contained in the East Cambridgeshire District Council guidance document in the related publications section at the bottom of this page.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome and are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Service (external link) will give you advice.  If you are from outside the UK, please contact the UK European Consumer Centre (external link)

Public Registers

Link to EUGO website (external link)Link to GOV.UK website (external link)