The council's Dog Warden carries out both enforcement and educational work, including:
- Collecting reported stray dogs, and trying to reunite them with their owners
- Dealing with dog barking or nuisance complaints
- Giving advice on dog attacks – please ensure any dog attacks are reported to the police
- Giving advice on dog welfare issues – any serious animal cruelty or welfare concerns should be reported to the RSPCA on 0300 1234 555
- Education and the promotion of responsible dog ownership
For further information on how constant barking can be avoided, see our advice leaflet for dog owners (PDF) by DEFRA.