Tell HMRC when you Change your Address

Use this service to update your address for: 

  • Income Tax 
  • National Insurance 
  • State Pension 
  • Tax credits and Child Benefit 

To sign in you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID you can create one when you update your address. 

You need to wait until you have moved before telling HMRC about your new address. 

Before you start 

Personal tax account 

Signing in also activates your personal tax account. You can use this to check your HMRC records and manage your other details.