UK Immigration and Visa's Immigration Inspections
If a person wishes to come to the UK to live (UK Settlement, Spouse, Marriage, Fiancée and Partner Visa Application), prior to allowing entry the UK Visa & Immigration (UKVI) require written confirmation which determines whether the intended accommodation is of a suitable standard, safe from serious health and safety hazards and that will not be become statutorily overcrowded by any additional person(s) proposing to live there and that:
- It is not statutorily overcrowded under Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and has sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and any additional people who propose to live there, and
- It has been inspected and risked assessed for Category 1 and 2 Hazards to ensure that the accommodation complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the provisions of Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations).
The following information will be required to support the inspection:
- Full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (where they currently reside abroad) and passport number of the person seeking entry into the UK
- Copy of proof of ownership of the property, or tenancy agreement if rented accommodation
- Name, gender and date of birth of other occupants of the property
- Current gas safety certificate for the gas system
Inspections cost £100.
Please contact the Environmental Services (Domestic Team) for an inspection, on (01353) 665555.