Immigration Housing Reports

UK Immigration and Visa Immigration Inspections 

If a person wishes to come to the UK to live (UK Settlement, Spouse, Marriage, Fiancée and Partner Visa Application), prior to allowing entry the UK Visa & Immigration (UKVI) require written confirmation which determines whether the intended accommodation is of a suitable standard, safe from serious health and safety hazards and that will not be become statutorily overcrowded by any additional person(s) proposing to live there and that: 

  • It is not statutorily overcrowded under Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and has sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and any additional people who propose to live there, and 
  • It has been inspected and risked assessed for Category 1 and 2 Hazards to ensure that the accommodation complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the provisions of Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations). 

The following information will be required to support the inspection: 

  • Full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (where they currently reside abroad) and passport number of the person seeking entry into the UK 
  • Copy of proof of ownership of the property, or tenancy agreement if rented accommodation 
  • Name, gender and date of birth of other occupants of the property 
  • Current gas safety certificate for the gas system 

Inspections cost £123.00. 

If you wish to complete the form in writing, please print out the form below and make the payment as explained on the form. Do not send cash via the post. The form should be for the attention of the Domestic Team, Environmental Services. 

Once payment has been made, an Officer will contact you to make an appointment.