Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
You can save tax-free with Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs).
There are 4 types of ISA:
- cash ISAs
- stocks and shares ISAs
- innovative finance ISAs
- Lifetime ISAs
You can put money into one of each kind of ISA each tax year.
Who Can Open an ISA
You must be:
- 16 or over for a cash ISA
- 18 or over for a stocks and shares or innovative finance ISA
- 18 or over but under 40 for a Lifetime ISA
- resident in the UK
- a Crown servant (for example diplomatic or overseas civil service) or their spouse or civil partner if you do not live in the UK
You cannot hold an ISA with or on behalf of someone else.
You can get a Junior ISA for children under 18.
- How ISAs work
- How to open an ISA
- Withdrawing your money
- Transferring your ISA
- If you move abroad
- If you die
- Inheriting an ISA from your spouse or civil partner
For further information: