Windrush Scheme

Windrush scheme: prove your right to be in the UK

If you are settled in the UK but do not have a document to prove it, you may be eligible to apply to the Windrush scheme. 

You may be able to apply for a document to prove you can live and work in the UK if one of the following is true: 

It is free to apply. 

You might also be entitled to apply for citizenship for free if you are a Commonwealth citizen who settled in the UK before 1 January 1973, or you are the child of someone who did.  

See also: 

For further information on the Windrush scheme please see GOV.UK.