Check what pensions and financial support you can get, and decide when to retire.
Step 1: Check when you can retire
- Check what age you can get your State Pension
- Find out about working after you reach State Pension age
- Find out if you can retire early with your workplace or personal pension
And check how much pension you could get
You may also be paying into a:
- workplace pension
- personal pension
- Find out if you will pay tax on your pension
- Find contact details for a lost pension
Step 2: Increase your pension
You might be able to increase the amount you get if you delay your pension.
For advice about increasing your workplace or private pension, speak to a financial adviser.
Step 3: Check what other financial support you could get
Check what financial help you could get if you:
- are on a low income
- need help paying your rent
- need help paying your heating bill
- are claiming benefits and the weather is cold
- are disabled
You can also get free bus travel if you: