Work in an EU Country

Work in an EU Country

You have the right to work in any country in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland without a work permit if you are a UK citizen.
The EEA includes:
You can search for jobs in the EEA and Switzerland on the EURES website.

Your Rights

You will have the same rights as nationals of the country you are working in when it comes to:
  • working conditions
  • pay
  • social security (for example, benefits)
There will be changes to the rights and status of UK nationals living and working in the EU now that the UK has left the EU. Go to the living in guide for your EU country for updates.

Work in a Non-EU Country

You will need a work permit to work in most non-EU countries if you are a UK citizen. In most cases, you will need a job offer from your chosen country so that you can get a visa to move there.
Check with the UK-based embassy of the country you want to work in to see what you need to do.

See Also:

For Further Information: