Fixed Penalty Parking Tickets
Fixed penalty parking tickets are issued for the following offences:
- Staying in a car park over the time limit
- Parking in a disabled parking space without displaying a disabled badge
- Parking in a prohibited area or access way (including parking on the end of a row, on a walkway or on the grass)
- Parking in a parking space designated for other types of vehicle
- Parking outside a parking bay or in more than one bay
- Returning to the car park within two hours of leaving it
- Parking without displaying a valid ticket or permit in the manner specified (where applicable)
- Other breach of the Council's Off Street Parking Places Order 2017
How to Pay
A fixed penalty charge payment may be paid online using the link below:
Or send to: Legal Services, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, ELY, Cambs, CB7 4EE
Or telephone: 01353 665555
Payment may be made by credit card, debit card, money order, postal order or cheque and must accompany the fixed penalty notice slip. Cheques, money orders and postal orders should be made payable to 'East Cambridgeshire District Council' and crossed. You must quote your ticket reference number on the reverse of the cheque.
Alternatively, payment can be made by debit or credit card via telephone.
When Must Payment Be Made
£50.00 is payable if payment is received by 4:00pm on the 14th day following the date of the ticket.
£60.00 is payable if payment is received by 4:00pm thereafter until the 28th day following the date of the ticket.
Should the Council's offices be closed on these days, payment must be received on the first normal working day thereafter.
How to Appeal
If you have received a parking penalty charge ticket in one of the Council's off-street car parks and don't think you should have received one, you can appeal in a number of ways:
- By writing to Legal Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4EE - you can download a PDF version of the form for completion (PDF)
- Emailing your appeal to email@example.com
- You can also appeal against a parking penalty by using our online Parking Penalty Appeal (external link) form
All appeals must be received in writing not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served.
Tell us where you were parked and when - give us your name, the parking ticket number and the make and registration number of your car, then explain to us why you think you should not be liable to a penalty charge.
Give us a name and address or telephone number or email address so we can get back to you.
Please note: If your parking ticket is for an on-street parking infringement, the appropriate contact details will be on the ticket.
When to expect a reply
We aim to provide a reply to your appeal within ten working days.