What happens if I don't pay?

If you cannot pay your Council Tax, let us know.

We can help and advise you about what options there are. You could spread the cost of your Council Tax over 12 months or you may be eligible for a Council Tax Reduction, contact ARP (external link).

If you do not pay your Council Tax, action can be taken against you.

Information about what happens when you fail to pay your Council Tax can be found here:

If you need general advice or information about money matters or debt management, you may find the following contacts helpful: