Licences, Permits and Registration

The Environmental Services Department is responsible for licensing. The licensing section is in turn responsible for the processing, issuing and enforcement of:

  • Personal Licences, Premise Licences, Club Premises Certificates and Temporary Event Notices issued under the Licensing Act 2003 

  • Animal welfare licensing 

  • Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle as well as Driver licences, and Private Hire Operator licences. 

  • Street Trading 

  • Temporary Pavement Licences under the Business and Planning Act (until 30 September 2022) 

  • Charity House to House and Street Collections 

  • Premises Licences, permits and lottery registrations issued under the Gambling Act 2005 

  • Scrap Metal Site and Collector Licences 

  • Sexual Establishment Licensing 

  • The publication of a Public Licensing Register 

Email: East Cambs District Council Licensing Team 

Phone: 01353 665555 (main switchboard number)