Visit the UK to do Research

Visit the UK to do Research

Find out what to do if you are visiting the UK to do research. This could be academic research or research related to your work, for example if you are a doctor or an author.

Step1: Check if you need a visa

Depending on the country you are from, you might be able to visit the UK without a visa or by applying for a visa waiver.

Step2: Apply for a visa

The cost of your visa is based on the length of time you need it for. You may be able to stay for up to 12 months.

Or apply for an EEA family permit

You may be able to visit on an EEA family permit if you have a family member who is a citizen of:
  • an EU country
  • Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland

Or apply for a visa waiver

Apply for a visa waiver if you have a passport from:
  • Kuwait
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • the United Arab Emirates

Step3: Check what you can bring with you

Step4: Check what you need to show at the UK border

For Further information: