The Council's Dog Warden carries out both enforcement and educational work, including:
- Collecting reported stray dogs, and trying to reunite them with their owners.
- Dealing with dog barking/nuisance complaints.
- Giving advice on dog attacks – please ensure any dog attacks are reported to the police.
- Giving advice on dog welfare issues – any serious animal cruelty or welfare concerns should be reported to the RSPCA on 0300 1234 555
- Education and the promotion of responsible dog ownership.
If you have lost your dog, or found a stray, please contact us on 01353 665555 or complete our online report form.
The government has useful information available on their website at the following link:- https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/645293/pb10561-bark-dog-110621.pdf