Electronic Visa Waivers

Get an electronic visa waiver to enter the UK 

You can get an electronic visa waiver (EVW) instead of a visa if you are a national of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates. You must pay £30 for an EVW. 

An EVW lets you visit the UK for up to 6 months for tourism, business, study or medical treatment. If you are visiting for another reason, check if you need a visa instead. 

You must apply between 3 months and 48 hours before you travel. 

To apply you need:  

  • your current passport 

  • an address in the UK where you will stay 

  • details of your journey, including departure and arrival dates and times 

  • Apply online for an EVW 

Before you apply 

You must enter your personal details so they match your passport exactly. This includes any punctuation, for example spaces, hyphens, apostrophes or full stops. 

Your travel details must also be exactly right. 

You will not be allowed to travel if your personal or travel details are wrong. 

Each person travelling needs their own EVW, including children. 

If someone applies on your behalf, they must enter their own contact details as well as yours. 

After you apply 

You will get an email within 24 hours with a link to download your EVW.

Show your EVW when you travel to the UK. You can print it or show it on an electronic device, such as a phone or tablet.

You cannot use your EVW to: 

  • work in the UK  

  • get married or register a civil partnership 

Your EVW will only let you enter the UK once. You must get another EVW or a visa if you want to enter the UK again.

Changes to your travel plans  

You must change your travel details on your EVW if you:

  • decide to travel at a different time 
  • leave from or arrive at a different airport, port or train station than planned 
  • arrive in the UK more than 8 hours later than planned 

You will need your EVW number and your date of birth to change your details.