Cottage. C18, possibly earlier origin. C19 alteration and extension.
Timber frame, rendered on the front with rebuilt end wall to road in brick. Steeply pitched roof now covered in asbestos and gault brick ridge stack. Lobby entry plan. One storey and attic. One dormer. Two C19 windows including a sixteen pane hung sash on either side of lobby entry doorway.
Brick wing to the rear C19. Weather boarded and brick.
Internally the cottage has C19 bead and quirk boarding to the ceiling.
House. Red brick, mainly Flemish bond, on plinth.
Steeply pitched roof now covered in asbestos tiles formerly thatched with swept end parapets, partly rebuilt, on kneelers. Original ridge stack. Two storeys and attic with three brick band between the storeys. Three 1912 gable dormers. Four first floor small casements under rubbed brick arches, some retaining undisturbed openings with chamfered mullions and original ironwork. At ground floor similar rubbed arches including two early C19 twelve pane hung sashes. The original doorway has an eared surround of moulded brick and a moulded brick cornice now rendered. Moulded doorway architrave and six panelled door including two flush and two raised and field panels.
Adjoining to the west is a late C19 office of brick with lean-to roof. At the rear a domestic wing of different building period. Brick and originally reed thatched roof.
Interior, Abutting inglenook fireplaces, now sealed, and off the centre room the original staircase with closed string, square newel with faceted finial and splat section balusters. At first floor the staircase from this centre room to the attic is of same period and has two similar newels and finials and moulded rail but the splat section balusters are inclined, and tenoned to the newel and parallel to the rail. The main ceiling beams are stop chamfered and there are raised and fielded panelled doors. The rear range has a hearth for a copper and a loft above.
House, early C18.
Red brick, Flemish bond to front wall and English bond to end walls. Steeply pitched roof, now covered with corrugated iron. Tumbled gable end parapets. Ridge stack. Three room and lobby entry plan.
Two storeys with three brick band between the storeys. Three first floor C18 or C19 three light cross frame casements with modern glazing. Segmental arches above three similar ground floor windows. Doorway to lobby entry has early C19 architrave and six panelled door of two flush and four raised and fielded panels.
Cottage. Two building periods in C18.
Brick, modern render, on plinth and plain tiled roof, gabled to east end and mansarded to the west. It has end parapets, a ridge stack, and C19 end stacks. Two storeys. Gable dormers. Three modern ground floor windows and doorway at east the rear gable and the east end with rendered walls may remain from a building.
Interior, Inglenook hearth. Brickwork of early C18 visible in the plinth. Chamfered main beam.
Nonconformist chapel. 1791.
Gault brick English bond and hipped slate roof. Double pile. Two stage front elevation. Three first floor original window openings with modern wood casements. Two modern ground floor casements in segmental arches flank central doorway under similar arch with double doors. Round headed arches to rear windows. Dated stone in east wall. School room added on west side.
Interior: galleried on three sides with raised and fielded parapet. Gallery carried on Doric columns of marbled wood. Shaped pulpit rail.
Barn, Late C17 or early C18, roof probably rebuilt C19 or C20.
Red brick. Corrugated iron roof. Walls have breathers and cartway opening. Four bays.
Barn. Mid C18. Red brick, varied bonding, on plinth. Side walls raised C19.
Corrugated iron roof, originally thatched with tumbled gable end parapets. Aisled and of five bays with porch opening in the east wall. Three square breather openings in the east wall. North end wall rebuilt.
Interior: Queen struts to side purlin roof. Braced tie beams and arcade plates. Aisle ties removed following raising of walls in C19. Wood threshing floor. Jowled post heads bearing carpenters marks. Possibly built 1742 at the same time as the south wing of the house.
House. Early C18 with front wall rebuilt and rear wing added late C18.
Gault brick, English bond, without plinth, to front wall and red brick to early C18 end walls. Plain tiled mansard roof with tumbled end parapets and gault brick end stacks. Two storeys and attic. Three C19 dormers each with a four pane hung sash. Symmetrical facade of three recessed hung sashes each of four panes. Central doorway has a doorcase with moulded architrave, panelled reveals and flat hood on cut brackets. The west end wall has a plinth and a band between the storeys. One window with elliptical header arch cuts the band.
At the rear is a gault brick and slate addition.