What will we collect?
Recyclables - Wheeled Bin with the Blue Lid
- Junk mail
- Office paper
- Catalogues & brochures
- Telephone directories
- Glass bottles and jars
- Food & drinks cans
- Metal lids from jars & bottles
- Aluminium foil & cartons
- Plastic bottles
- Hard plastic food containers (pots, tubs & trays)
- Food & drinks cartons
No thank you:
- Plastic bags or film
- Food or garden waste
- Anything not on the ‘Yes Please’ list
- Bins will only be emptied if lids are closed and they are not too heavy to reasonably move.
- Materials not contained within the appropriate bin or sack will not be collected.
- Waste must be presented at your property boundary for collection by 7am. (Where your property is accessed by a private track or road, material must be left for collection where this joins the public highway).
- Please do not put material out earlier than 6pm on the evening before collection.
Standard Recyclables Service:
- Each household is entitled to one 240 litre Blue lidded bin for recyclables. Recyclable waste will only be collected in bins provided by ECDC.
- Where a property only has sufficient space to accommodate one wheeled bin, priority will be given to the provision of a recyclables.
- Properties unable to accommodate wheeled bins will be provided with the following alternative service.
- What happens to your recycling?
Alternative Recyclables Service:
- If a property has been deemed unable to accommodate a wheeled bin, the Council will provide 60 litre clear plastic sacks for recyclables.
- 52 sacks will be provided per year, the equivalent to two per collection.
- Additional clear waste sacks are available on request. - if you would like to request more sacks, please complete our request form below
Multiple Occupancy Properties & Flats:
- Alternative arrangements may be provided at the discretion of the Council, including the provision of larger shared use bins. The number and size of bins provided will depend on the number of properties, the space available, and the distance to the collection point.
- Bins will be collected from the bin storage or other designated area as agreed by the Council and returned to the same location.
- Where in the judgement of the Council a multi-occupancy property is unable to accommodate a wheeled bin service, clear sacks will be provided for recycling & brown sacks for food & garden waste as for the alternative service to individual households.
- Where a multi-occupancy property does not have space to accommodate recycling and food & garden waste collection services, recycling facilities will be given priority.
- Loose rubbish or sacks around the bins will not be collected and it will be the responsibility of the residents / managing agents to remove or clear any such items. Where a bin is blocked in with loose rubbish / sacks it will not be emptied until this has been removed. The bin will then be collected on the next scheduled collection day. For multi-occupancy properties, if a bin is repeatedly contaminated then the Council may if the contamination continues remove the bin(s) and withdraw that service.
Report a Lost or Broken Wheeled Bin
If you have lost a recycling bin, or your recycling bin is brken, please let us know using the form below. If your bin is broken, please leave it out for our waste operatives to collect. We aim to deliver replacement bins within 14 days.