Central Government raised planning application fees nationwide from the 17 January 2018 and the additional income will be reinvested back into the department to improve the service to homeowners and developers.
It is important to note that a fee is now chargeable for applications for planning permission following the removal of permitted development rights through Article 4 Direction or by condition.
A fee is payable with most types of planning applications. In order for an application to be validated, the fee must be paid on the same day that the application is submitted.
How much will it cost?
The price of an application varies depending on the type of development. To calculate the price of an application you can use the Planning Portal Fee Calculator
You can also view the current planning fees set by national government below:
N.B. Any applications which are made invalid and where the additional information requested is not submitted within the time frame given (usually 21 days), will be returned in the post and the following administration fees will be deducted from the planning fee refund:
- Householder - £25
- Minor & Other Applications - £50
- Major Applications - £150
How do I pay?
- Online: if you choose to submit your application through the Planning Portal you can pay the fee at the same time.
- By phone: by calling 01353 665555 and paying by debit or credit card. You will need to provide: Your name/contact details/name of of your agent (if relevant)/location of the development/description of the development/the fee payable.
- By post: you can send a cheque with your application payable to East Cambridgeshire District Council
- In person: you can pay the fee at reception in the Council offices, you will need to know the amount payable beforehand.