As part of its national restriction measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19, the Government has announced grant funding to be paid out by Councils to businesses that are required to close due to Government lockdown restrictions.
From 26 December 2020 the following grant schemes apply:
- The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) (Addendum) to cover the Tier 4 Restrictions from 26 December 2020 to 4 January 2021
- The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) (Addendum) to cover the National Lockdown from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021
- The Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment - a one-off payment for the period 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021
The funding for all three grant schemes is only available to businesses that were required to close because of the formal publication of lockdown regulations under Public Health legislation, the funding is not available to businesses who have elected to close for other reasons.
Businesses required to close under national restrictions are:
- all non-essential retail
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- entertainment venues
- personal care facilities
You can find a more detailed list of the businesses required to close on GOV.UK.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- be in East Cambridgeshire
- have been open as usual in the week before Government restrictions required you to close, either through tier-based restrictions or national restrictions. For wet-led pubs this was week commencing 2 November 2020, for all other businesses this was week commencing 21 December.
- have been providing services in person to customers from the premises
- be required to close under the government's national lockdown restrictions
- have been registered as the occupier for business rates on 26 December 2020
Businesses that set up a click and collect service and restaurants who provided a takeaway service are still able to claim grants as their substantive business was closed.
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was in place at the time the local restrictions started.
Business which chose to close but were not required to and those that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of EU State Aid permitted are not eligible for these grants.
If your business does not meet the criteria above but you are still subject to or impact by government Covid-19 restrictions, a discretionary scheme is currently being formulated.
We appreciate the urgency for business support and will release further information on this as soon as possible.
What you will receive
Following the Government's announcement that the national restrictions will be in place for six weeks from 5 January 2020, East Cambridgeshire District Council is issuing grants on a combined basis as follows:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) for the 10 day period of Tier 4 restrictions from 26 December 2020 to 4 January 2021
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) for the 42 day period of national restrictions from 5 January 2021 to 15 Feburary 2021
- Closed Business Lockdown Payments. These are one-off grants for closed businesses, announced by Government on 5 January 2021
The grants that will be awarded to businesses are based on the rateable value of the premises on 26 December 2020 as follows:
|10 days in Tier 4||6 weeks in lockdown||Closed business lockdown payment||Total|
|rateable value of £15,000 or below||£476.43||£2,001||£4,000||£6,477.43|
|rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000||£714.29||£3,000||£6,000||£9,714.29|
|rateable value of £51,000 or above||£1,071.43||£4,500||£9,000||£14,571.43|
These grants will be paid as one-off grants to cover the period from 26 December 2020 to 15 February 2021.
Eligible businesses will get one grant for each property liable for business rates.
How to apply
Eligible ratepayers will be contacted by the Council. We will ask you to complete a declaration confirming that your business meets all the eligibility criteria and that by accepting these grants it will not exceed the relevant State Aid threshold.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2021.
Please read the eligibility criteria before completing the application.
If you have any problems completing the form, or any further help or advice please email email@example.com or telephone 01353 665555.