Consultation on the Preliminary Draft Local Plan
The Council published a Preliminary Draft Local Plan for public consultation from Friday 12 February 2016 to 11.59pm Thursday 24 March 2016. That consultation has now closed.
The Preliminary Draft Local Plan marked the first stage in the process of producing a new Local Plan. It identifies key planning issues and sets out draft planning policies to shape future development. We invited people and organisations to read the Local Plan and tell us:
- Which places should grow
- Which sites should be developed for jobs and housing
- Which green spaces should be protected
- How community-led development can be supported
- What new development should be like
You can download the Preliminary Draft Local Plan and supporting documents using the links below, or view in your browser window via the consultation portal. Supporting documents include:
- a report providing an update of East Cambridgeshire's Objectively Assessed Housing Need:
- a proposed methodology for assessing sites received through the 'Call for Sites' exercise;
- an assessment which categorises towns and villages in the district into a 'Settlement Hierarchy';
- a Sustainability Appraisal report of the Preliminary Draft Local Plan.
Local Plan Working Group
Full Council has appointed a Local Plan Working Group, comprising of eight elected Members, to assist in the development of the Local Plan. The purpose of the Working Group is to aid greater understanding of issues and support the preparation of policies.
Meetings of the Local Plan Working Group are held when required, reflecting the work programme of the emerging Local Plan. The Terms of Reference for the Local Plan Working Group, and notes of Working Group meetings, are available to download below.
As part of preparing the Local Plan, the Council intends to hold a series of ‘Parish Conferences’, to which all parish councils will be invited. The purpose of these conferences is to keep parish councils fully informed on the progress of the Local Plan, raise awareness of the issues arising, and overall assist in maximising the ability for parish councils to get involved in shaping the new Local Plan.
A Parish Conference was held on 18 February 2016. A report of the event is available to download below.
Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (Final Version)
This document, in draft form, was presented for consultation for five weeks from 18 September 2015 to 23 October 2015. The responses we received were carefully considered and revisions to the draft document were made, and are available on request.
The Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report sets out the next steps in the Sustainability Appraisal process of the Local Plan and is available to download below.
- Consultation on Preliminary Draft Local Plan 12 Feb to 24 March 2016
- The Preliminary Draft Local Plan was considered by Full Council at ;
- Local Plan Working Group Meeting 16.12.2015;
- Local Plan Working Group meeting 17.11.2015;
- Full Council decides to commence preparation of a new Local Plan for East Cambridgeshire at Council meeting 16.07.2015.