Introducing the Local Development Framework
Local Development Framework overview
The 'Local Development Framework' (LDF) is the name for the District Council's statutory development plan for East Cambridgeshire. The LDF sets a framework for the future growth of the district, identifying where, how much and when new housing, employment and infrastructure will be delivered.
The main document in the LDF is the 'Core Strategy'. The East Cambridgeshire Core Strategy was adopted in October 2009, and sets out a broad vision/strategy for growth up to the year 2025.
The District Council is in the process of reviewing this document. The new document will be known as the 'East Cambridgeshire Local Plan'. This will be a single plan which includes a vision for growth and strategic policies - and identifies sites for future development and the delivery of infrastructure. the new Local Plan will cover the period up to 2031. For further information on Local Plan production, please click on the link in the menu.
The current LDF includes the following documents:
1. Core Strategy - setting out a vision and policies to guide growth [will be replaced by the East Cambs Local Plan in early 2013]
2. Supplementary Planning Documents - providing extra information on policies and sites
3. Local Development Scheme - timetable for LDF production
4. Statement of Community Involvement - setting out how the public and stakeholders will be consulted
5. Annual Monitoring Report - monitoring the efffectiveness of policies and delivery of the LDF
If you have any questions or queries, please contact the Forward Planning team on 01353 665555 or email email@example.com. Or write to the Forward Planning team, East Cambs District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE.
If you would like to be kept up to date with LDF/Local Plan production over the next few years, you can register your details with us. Please contact us with your name, postal address and email address. Registering your details will ensure you are notified at the start of key consultation phases. Please note that the information you provide will be used specifically for the LDF consultation process, and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act.